Monday 8 September 2008

Tactics (1)

Mail your councillor!

I don’t want to hear your car stereo at 04:00 am has emailed various local councillors responsible for St Katharine’s / Wapping. Councillor Emma Jones and Councillor Denise Jones have both been very helpful. The latter has put me in touch with Andy Bamber, Service Head, Community Safety for Tower Hamlets. Mr Bamber is very approachable and very keen to help. I am currently waiting for one of his case workers to get in touch with a view to meeting me or, in fact, a group of residents.

The level of abuse and harassment suffered by my neighbours at ground level on Pennington Street / Artichoke Hill (see the comments on ‘Weekend Noise’) is truly appalling. I would urge these residents in particular to make a point of informing their local councillor of the ongoing problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you please include the local councillors email addresses so that I can contact them. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I have contacted one of our councillors a few months back, but the response I got was that I was the only one complaining so nothing was to be done. Hopefully with more people involved something will can get acomplished.

I don't want to hear your car stereo at 04:00 am said...

Thanks for your support. You were obviously not the only person suffering from this problem. Maybe you could contact the relevant councillor again and refer them to the blog?