Tuesday 30 September 2008

Friday 26th September - An Appalling Experience

A recent comment:

'Another weekend, another appalling experience of antisocial behaviour courtesy of Mango's patrons. I live in a ground floor flat on Pennington Street and have become accustomed to the vile language, littering, violence and blasting of car stereos every weekend. However,last Friday (the 26th) brought new horrors.

I was watching a film at around midnight when I became aware of the sound of running water outside my window. I looked out to see a young Asian man urinating from the pavement down on to my kitchen window. I banged furiously on the window and he looked me straight in the eye, smiled and continued!! I ran in to the street to confront the delinquant and his gang of male friends who had congregated on the corner, and they had the gall to laugh at my protests. I called Limehouse police station and a few minutes later the police arrived and I positively identified the perpetrator (who denied the whole thing) but was nevertheless taken away in the back of a police van.

I am a 22 year old woman and yet I am forced into confrontations, altercations and police disputes with gangs of Asian men regularly at the weekends. I often have to open my ground floor bedroom window to ask rowdy drunks to turn down their stereos in the early hours, to which they aren't going to take kindly. I detest the vulnerable position I am in as these men could return to Mango's every weekend and obviously know where I live.'



No comments: