Thursday 9 October 2008

Here we go again...

The weekend approaches. There seems to be a general sense that the level of anti-social behaviour is increasing. Please do not go out to confront the troublemakers, it is increasingly risky and they are unlikely to listen to reason. That said, if it is possible to take a photograph or make a note of car registration plates without putting yourself at risk then please do and mail them to penningtonnoise@yahoo.com. If you prefer, you can send details of any incidents and vehicle number plates to Daniel.Oyebanjo@towerhamlets.gov.uk. I have spoken to Daniel this week. He is very busy behind the scenes dealing with the various agencies that need to work together in order to resolve this problem.

I spoke to the local SNT on Wednesday and came away very reassured. The police are well aware of the mayhem that we are forced to endure and we should have no doubt that they take our calls seriously.

Regular visitors to these pages will see by the hit-counter and by the range of comments that more and more neighbours are joining in. This certainly encourages me and I sincerely hope it has the same effect on others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was anyone awoke early this morning, ~4am?

Someone buzzed my door (artichoke hill) which woke me up - by the time i got to the intercom and the video had already turned off.

I then heard a lot of traffic and looked out of the window and there was lots and lots of cars slowly going down artichoke hill and turning left into into Pennington Street - anyone know why??

Spunkmaster General (@SpunkmasterG) said...

No I missed that, but I did get woken-up this morning by a very loud vehicle that seemed to be running a generator or something.

I've got the camera ready by the bed for tonight so if there's anything loud enough to wake me up, I'll try and get some pics and make all the right calls. They've woken up my 17 month old two weeks in a row now.